[mythtv-users] Mythzmserver DB problems. Was: doesn't start:...

Paul Harrison mythtv at mythqml.net
Wed May 5 16:05:13 UTC 2021

On 30/04/2021 03:06, A. F. Cano wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 10:43:41PM +0100, Paul Harrison wrote:
>> On 29/04/2021 00:15, Paul Harrison wrote:
>> OK unfortunately MythTV 30.0 is just too old to support ZoneMinder 1.32.3
>> because it's missing some crucial commits that added support for that
>> version of ZM which is why you are having so many problems.
>>
>> One crucial commit is this one that added support for ZoneMinder 1.32.x
>> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/d8eb7f78283d .
> Lots of changes...
>
>> So if you want to use ZM 1.32.3 you need MythTV 31.0 or later. Sorry I
>> should have picked that up earlier. Like I said keeping up with what version
>> of ZM is compatible with what version of MythTV is a bit of a nightmare.
> Not a problem.  Thanks for looking into it and clarifying.  Looks like
> the easiest path is to upgrade to bullseye when it becomes stable, which
> hopefully will be relatively soon.
>
> Augustine

Don't know how comfortable you are with compiling your own source but
because mythzmserver can be complied standalone without needing MythTV
or QT to be installed you could easily  compile a newer version that has
support for ZM 1.32.3 and just replace your existing mythzmserver with
the newly complied one.

You would  grab one of the releases from
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/releases and unzip the source.

You would then change into the mythzmserver directory and do the 'make
-f Makefile.standalone' and then copy the mythzmserver executable over
your existing one. No need to compile the rest of MythTV it's not needed.

Paul H.