[mythtv-users] mythtv and zoneminder cameras

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Wed May 5 11:17:05 UTC 2021

>>> What I need is a pointer to some instructions to configure a source to accept IP streams in mythtv,
>>> when all I have is the streams. How do I do that? The streams would be in the format:

Mike,

I've tried to do this also, I'm still on .29 and found information on setting up a network tuner with a m3u file, but I was not able to get it to work.  The contents of that m3u is

doug at desktop:~/Desktop$ cat playlist.m3u

#EXTM3U

#EXTINF:0,501 - Back Yard

rtsp://camera1.drdos.info/live.sdp

#EXTINF:0,502 - Driveway

rtsp://camera3.drdos.info/live.sdp

I have 2 cameras that I can use VLC to stream, so I tried to add channels 501 and 502 to Myth.

I can select those a channels in Myth, but it does not provide a video stream.

I'd be interested in this as well, but do not know for certain if my version of Myth is compatible.

Doug