[mythtv-users] Announcement: Radio stream database has been updated

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Wed Mar 31 18:01:02 UTC 2021

On 3/31/2021 10:39 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:

> I've just done a long over due update of the *radio* *stream* database
> used by MythMusic.
>
> The database update has been semi-automated so will be updated more
> frequently from now on (at least 2 or 3 times a week).
>
> Vital statistics :-
>
> Total Number of Streams: 30419
>
> Number of Broadcaster: 706
>
> Number of streams with logo: 11132
>
> Number of streams without logo: 19287
>
> Number of streams confirmed working (in the UK): 25715
>
> Number of streams confirmed not working (in the UK): 4704
>
> Number of Genres: 117
>
> Number of Countries: 178
>
> Number of Languages: 73
>
> Notes:
>
> * Some streams are geo blocked so only work in specific countries or
> play a warning audio track saying the stream isn't available in your
> country.
>
> * The raw data comes from http://www.radiosure.com/stations/ so if you
> spot any errors please help everyone by updating the upstream data at
> Radio? Sure!
>
> * The broadcaster and logo data is specific to the MythTV stream
> database. If you see any errors or have and updates to either the
> broadcaster or logo data then please email me and I will make sure it
> gets updated.
>
> * Your local copy of the stream database should update automatically
> when the housekeeping task runs every 24 hours but you can force an
> update by running 'mythutil --updateradiostreams'
>
> * I'm slowly adding logos for streams when time allows but it's a time
> consuming task so any help finding suitable logos would be appreciated.
>
> * Currently MythMusic only tries the first playback URL for each
> stream even though each stream may have up to 5 backup URL's it could
> try (my test app tries all URLs to determine if a stream is working or
> not) .
>
> Paul H

I ran 'mythutil --updateradiostreams' (on 0.28) and it just hung at:
2021-03-31 10:50:13.984735 I  MusicMetadata: downloading radio streams list
2021-03-31 10:50:15.805622 I  MusicMetadata: processing radio streams list
I had to kill it after a while.  How long should I expect 'processing
radio streams list' to take?
Jay