[mythtv-users] Stupid Fire Stick Match Frame Rate feature

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Wed Mar 31 10:59:13 UTC 2021

On 31/03/2021 11:27, Jim Abernathy wrote:

> On 3/31/21 6:10 AM, Paul Gardiner wrote:

>>> I tried the ones in this thread
>>> https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=361747&pid=3026759#pid3026759
>>>
>>> Depending what day you install. Kodi version 19.0 or 18.9 works or
>>> doesn't work.
>>
>> Well worth a try, but doesn't seem to be working well for me. It does
>> correctly trigger a frame-rate change, but still gives lumpy playback,
>> in a way that suggests the video player is struggling to keep up.
>> Maybe there's a setting that can improve it, but I haven't found it so
>> far.
>>

> Are you using FireTV stick?  I'm testing on Nvidia Shield TV (2017). I
> tried playing with my new FireTV 4K stick yesterday and was disappointed
> in it's performance on Mythfrontend, SlingTV and by then I switched back
> to Shield TV. I have not tried Kodi/Netflix on FireTV yet.

Yes, on a newish FireTV 4K stick. I haven't tried Mythfrontend, but
Leanfront performance is excellent. Everything I've played via it has
been perfectly smooth (now that I have frame rate matching working, that
is). My remaining problems are with Netflix and iPlayer, although I use
the latter infrequently - only for programs I fail to record. The
problems with those two apps are only that they don't automatically
switch. They work fine if I correctly guess the frame rate and set it
manually (albeit that being via the hidden menu if I want 24fps).