[mythtv-users] Updated Ceton infinitv PCI-E drivers?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Mar 22 17:23:53 UTC 2021

On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 11:48:51 -0400, you wrote:

>On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 7:28 PM Steve Greene <sgreene820 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I just upgraded my system to 31-fixes (and Mint 20.1). I've got almost
>> everything else working, but the old drivers that worked under 18.04 don't
>> compile. Has anyone fixed this issue yet?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Steve

>Some judicious Googling revealed a couple of issues with the Makefile that
>needed to be fixed. It now compiles, but I've run up against the SSL
>signing requirements. Modprobe won't accept the module without it, and it
>isn't signed while building the module.
>
>Has anyone dealt with this issue? Why is the Ceton module not built into
>the kernel at this point?
>
>Thanks,
>Steve

I have never used secure boot, but this page seems to explain how to
sign things:

https://ubuntu.com/blog/how-to-sign-things-for-secure-boot

Kernel modules seem to need the kmodsign command.

The usual reason that drivers are not in the kernel is that the driver
code does not conform to the rules for kernel code, and no-one is
interested in doing the necessary rewrite.  It can also be that there
has never been a proper request to add it to the kernel.