[mythtv-users] Deleted Recordings Not Being Removed

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Sat Mar 20 19:24:41 UTC 2021

I am using MythTV 0.28.  I have long ago set up a Deleted Recordings
Group and configured mythtv to remove recordings from there after 24
hours.  This gives me an easy 1 day undo option.  This has worked fine
for years.

Looking at the backend status from mythweb, I see almost 600 GB of space
used by deleted recordings.  That seems like a lot to me, since they
should be removed within 24 hours of me deleting the recording.

Using the Recorded Programs from mythweb and selecting the Deleted group
shows 222 programs in that group.  This looks like something has gone
wrong with mythtv removing deleted recordings.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Jay