[mythtv-users] Plex integration.

myth tv mythtv at cain.id.au
Thu Mar 18 03:36:16 UTC 2021

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 10:55 PM Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 10:34 PM myth tv via mythtv-users <mythtv-users at mythtv.org> wrote:
>>

>> Here is the main part of the scripts:
>>
>> record_finish.sh
>> sleep 10
>> /usr/bin/ionice -c 3 /usr/bin/nice -n 19
>> /usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/user_jobs/mythlink.pl
>> --destination /tv/show_names/ --filename $1 --underscores --maxlength
>> 120 --format "%U/%T/%Y-%m-%d %S S%ssE%ep"
>> sleep 2
>> /usr/bin/ionice -c 3 /usr/bin/nice -n 19
>> /usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/user_jobs/mythlink.pl
>> --destination /tv/show_names-movies/ --filename $1 --maxlength 120
>> --format "%U/%T/%T - %Y-%m-%d (%oY) %S"
>

> How does it differentiate between a TV show or a movie? Or does it just mangle one or the other so it doesn't work in Plex?

I do two things to differentiate TV Shows and Movies.

1. Create different two directory structures and filenames because
Plex needs different structures for TV and Movies.
2. I use %U to separate out which mythtv programs are Movies and which
are TV Shows.  This means using different recording groups for TV and
Movies when setting up a recording rule.

Then in Plex I point to the TV show recording groups in the first
mythlink directory structure when adding TV shows to the Plex library.
Then I point to the Movies recording groups in the second mythlink
directory structure for the Plex Movies library.