[mythtv-users] HD-PVR Captions (hardware - "Easycap")

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 22:49:38 UTC 2021

> My hardware died some time ago. I ran across a device called "Easycap"
> and it seems there is Linux/v4l2 support. However, I can't tell if the
> device supports VBI/CC. Anyone using this or have any experience
> capturing/recording closed-captions with this device?

I think there are lots of these on eBay under different brands. I tried a
few of these a while ago to capture VHS tapes to digital. I had a helluva
job getting any of them to work properly. From memory audio wouldn't work.
They were all pretty awful. The device that worked for me in the end was a
Hauppauge USB-Live 2.