[mythtv-users] channel confusion

Ian Campbell ijc at hellion.org.uk
Sun Mar 7 07:19:05 UTC 2021

On Sun, 2021-03-07 at 08:12 +0100, Jan Ceuleers wrote:

That is: I'm assuming that the mount counter wouldn't be reset to 1 if
the check&repair of the root fs were skipped. I haven't investigated
this in any detail, but I suspect that the root fs check is performed
before it is mounted r/w and pivoted to.

At least on Debian it does indeed happen from the initramfs before / is
mounted:

   $ lsinitramfs /boot/initrd.img| grep fsck
   usr/sbin/e2fsck
   usr/sbin/fsck
   usr/sbin/fsck.ext4
   usr/sbin/reiserfsck

I suppose /usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks/fsck is responsible for
making this happen.

Ian.