[mythtv-users] Tvmaze Metadata Grabber Issue

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Mon Mar 1 17:22:04 UTC 2021

On 3/1/21 8:51 AM, Roland Ernst wrote:
> Could you please post the commands used by the frontend to grab this
> episode?
> Search in the frontend logs for "Running Grabber:".
> How can I distinguish between the correct and the wrong poster?
>
> Roland
>
> On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 5:25 PM Jay Foster <jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
> <mailto:jayf0ster at roadrunner.com>> wrote:
>
>     I recently upgraded to use the new tmdb3tv.py and tvmaze.py
>     television
>     metadata grabbers.  Thanks to those that helped me with my older 0.28
>     version.
>
>     The metadata grabbed for the show, "The Equalizer", was showing the
>     poster for the older series (1985 - 1989), so I thought tvmaze.py
>     grabbed to wrong series.  I went to the metadata editor to correct
>     this
>     and discovered that the correct inetref, season number, and episode
>     number were being used, just that it grabbed to wrong poster.
>
>     Is this an issue with the tvmaze site or a bug in the tvmaze grabber
>     scripts?
>
>     Jay

mythmetadatalookup.log:Mar  1 03:22:12 mythbox mythmetadatalookup:
mythmetadatalookup[9825]: I MetadataDownload metadatagrabber.cpp:453
(RunGrabber) Running Grabber:
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tvmaze.py -l en -a US -N The
Equalizer It Takes a Village

mythmetadatalookup.log:Mar  1 03:22:15 mythbox mythmetadatalookup:
mythmetadatalookup[9825]: I MetadataDownload metadatagrabber.cpp:453
(RunGrabber) Running Grabber:
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tvmaze.py -l en -a US -N 47929 It
Takes a Village

The correct poster shows Queen Latifah, the wrong one shows Edward Woodward.

Is it possible to use both tvmaze.py and tmdb3tv.py at the same time.
For example, configure tvmaze.py as the Television metadata grabber
under Setup, but then manually set tmdb3tv.py_NNNN for those programs
that work better with tmdb?

Jay