[mythtv-users] Mythtv feature

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 13:35:55 UTC 2021

On Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 9:16 AM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/17/21 1:36 PM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> > On Thu, 17 Jun 2021 15:53:49 +0100, you wrote:
> >
> >> Would it be possible to have a list of programs watched recently? Maybe
> >> this exists in a new version but I think it would be handy to see what
> you
> >> started watching a week or 2  ago so I can finish it.. as I'm always
> >> forgetting !!
> >>
> >> Al
> > I solved that problem for my mother by adding an event script that
> > logs the start playing, pause, stop playing and delete recordings
> > events.  But that is not very user friendly.  It works best if you
> > know the approximate time when you were watching, so it works well to
> > tell you what you were watching last, which is what my mother needs.
> >
> > With some work, a more complex event script could look up the database
> > and create a more user friendly list from the raw data available from
> > an event call.  That could be presented in various ways, such as
> > having it as a web page.
>
> FWIW Leanfront has a recently viewed list that is configurable. I use it
> all the time to keep track of what I am watching.
>

> https://github.com/bennettpeter/android-MythTV-Leanfront/blob/master/README.md
>
> Peter

Peter,

Leanfront has really improved over the years and it's our primary viewer.
As I've stated elsewhere, We no longer use PCs or Mac for viewing any
Mythtv.  We use exclusively Android TV devices like FireTV and Shield TV.
Trying to configure other frontends was too time consuming and I've got
better things to do.

With Amazon Days coming up next Monday, I'll be looking for a good price on
a few more FireTV 4Ks.  I'll then be able to retire some old PC hardware in
all my TV locations.

Thanks for all the work on Leanfront.

Jim A