[mythtv-users] Mythtv feature

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Jun 17 17:36:43 UTC 2021

On Thu, 17 Jun 2021 15:53:49 +0100, you wrote:

>Would it be possible to have a list of programs watched recently? Maybe
>this exists in a new version but I think it would be handy to see what you
>started watching a week or 2  ago so I can finish it.. as I'm always
>forgetting !!
>
>Al

I solved that problem for my mother by adding an event script that
logs the start playing, pause, stop playing and delete recordings
events.  But that is not very user friendly.  It works best if you
know the approximate time when you were watching, so it works well to
tell you what you were watching last, which is what my mother needs.

With some work, a more complex event script could look up the database
and create a more user friendly list from the raw data available from
an event call.  That could be presented in various ways, such as
having it as a web page.