[mythtv-users] Rasberry Pi 4 - New FE

Adam Skinner kingmoffa at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 21:14:38 UTC 2021

Hi list,

I've just got a new Rasberry Pi 4 as a Frontend only.  The wiki has been a
useful source of information and I've had mixed success.

Im currently running an up to date Rasberry Pi OS lite with the Myth TV
Light packages.

I'm getting lots of segfaults.  Running myth frontend with -v all doesn't
yield anything that useful. It seems to be just after EDID exchange. It
segfaults loading mythfrontend 9 times out of 10. No idea why sometimes it
works and sometimes it doesn't.  Any suggestions welcome on how to resolve
this?

I was thinking about running Ubuntu (as thats what all my other x86
frontends run) - the wiki says to use the mythbuntu PPA - but Im pretty
sure they only build for amd64 which wont work on the ARM Rasberry Pi?

Lastly , Myth Music isn't showing up. Im wondering if this is either
because its not included in the MythTV Light plugins or Im perhaps missing
something as I used Rasberry Pi OS lite?

Thanks in advance.