[mythtv-users] The future of MythTV

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 09:57:57 UTC 2021

On 08/06/2021 10:00, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> On 08/06/2021 09:55, Per Jessen wrote:
>> John Pilkington wrote:

>>> Playback in Mythfrontend has the NEXTAUDIO key, by default + , which
>>> ought to step through the available options.  For DVB-T/T2 in the UK I
>>> think that usually gives an
>>> audio-description-for-the-visually-handicapped track, but you will
>>> probably have others.
>>
>> Yes, that works very well, but it would be nice to say "record this
>> title, but only if it has sound in one of (lang1,lang2)"  - popular
>> series are often broadcast in many countries, and often in local
>> language only.  Back when "The Big Bang Theory" was a big hit, I would
>> have recordings in four-five different languages :-)
>>
>> With Swiss telly alone it can be an issue too, but it is easy to tidy
>> up.
>>

> I would be suprised if there was sufficient meta data available for the
> scheduler to be able to make this decision.
>
> With digital tv these days, they typically broadcast multiple languages
> in different streams at the same time, so a single recording would have
> all the broadcast languages in it
>

> Regards
> Stuart

It might be possible to start a recording, check the available streams,
and abort on a language-set mismatch.

I just had a BBC FOUR recording that started at 18:58 and now plays fine
in master, but the stream analysis in my cutting script saw 0 video
streams and aborted.  It worked after dropping the first 45 MB of the
file.  Needs a probe offset...

John P