[mythtv-users] Changed monitors (not the TV) and now mythfrontend doesn't display right.

Paul Harrison mythtv at mythqml.net
Mon Jun 7 14:16:47 UTC 2021

On 07/06/2021 14:47, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 6/7/21 9:07 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:
>> Like John says thing have changed significantly in v31 and even more
>> so in current master. Not sure about v31 but in master you can select
>> which monitor you want MythTV to run on in the setup so probably
>> don't need to use --geometry.
>>

>> Paul H.
>
> All versions, including v31, can use mythfrontend settings ->
> appearance -> theme / screen settings -> Gui dimension to set the size
> and offset of your picture. I use this all the time, and it works fine.
>
> Peter

Yeah that bit has worked for a long time. Being able to place MythTV on
a particular monitor I think is fairly new? The question is does it now
handle monitors with difference screen resolutions properly?  It works
here on master with a dual screen setup but both monitors have the same
resolution.

Paul H.