[mythtv-users] Editing shows in Android frontends (inspired by "The future of MythTV" thread)

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 18:33:00 UTC 2021

On Sat, Jun 5, 2021 at 2:09 PM Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:

> As I mentioned in my contribution to the "The future of MythTV" thread,
> the backend recording is still very important to me. In the pandemic we've
> consumed a lot of "comfort food" oldies sitcoms that broadcast on the retro
> OTA channels but may not stream or have home entertainment releases.
>
> Anyway, I tend to edit out/mark commercials in those shows which is easy
> for the big remotes as ai just key assign the editing commands to the red,
> green, blue, yellow buttons.
>
> For those using, say, a Shield or Chromecast with Google TV (I have the
> latter and there's barely any buttons on the remote) how do you mark/edit?
> Could you use a Bluetooth keyboard at that point?

So I do something similar. I have a 2017 Nvidia Shield TV with the really
crappy remote.  I use the Logitech Harmony smart hub remote system to solve
that problem by adding a magic non-existent keyboard to the remote and
assigning Harmony keys to needed functions.

However, when editing recordings to adjust the cut marks more accurately, I
use a Bluetooth keyboard so I have all the keys that mythfrontend allows.
The bluetooth keyboard is an old Apple Mac BT keyboard for a Mac that long
ago was retired from use.

Jim A