[mythtv-users] The future of MythTV

TimP mythtv at corky.co
Fri Jun 4 14:18:32 UTC 2021

On 2021-06-04 14:17, Paul Harrison wrote:
> Give us your thoughts on what direction you would like to see MythTV
> take now it's original purpose is slowing being killed of.

We watch quite a bit from Netflix et al. using an Nvidia Shield but kept
the mythfrontend box as it does frame rate switching for our recorded
stuff and our video collection. I don't see us dropping MythTV as our
recordings are from Freeview DVB which won't go encrypted and should be
around for a few years. MythTV commercial skipping is brilliant.

What would be nice is to get the web interface to the backend to be as
useful as mythweb for scheduling recordings. I'm still using mythweb,
but it is showing signs of bit-rot.

Thanks for all the effort the devs have put in, and please don't drop
it.