[mythtv-users] build-debs.sh update for debian bullseye

Ryan Patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 13:47:57 UTC 2021

I've grown dependent on the build-debs.sh script from
https://github.com/MythTV/packaging
Debian bullseye will very soon be released as the next stable version of
debian.  The build-debs.sh script fails in debian bullseye due to two
required packages: linux-kernel-headers & dh-python.

The linux-kernel-headers package doesn't exist, but I have
installed linux-headers-amd64.

I can't install the dh-python package because it will remove the
python-is-python2 package and a few other important items depend on that
(virtualbox for one).

I tried patching out the requirements for the two packages above.  But I
was unable to get it to work.  I'm not sure if i was patching the wrong
file or if my patch wasn't applying.  Can somebody help get the
build-debs.sh script working with debian bullseye?