[mythtv-users] [Solved] Waiting for database upgrade schema lock error

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 13:26:02 UTC 2021

Hi Geoff!
>> Late this morning one of my Ethernet Switches failed; nothing but a blue ?on? light. Swapped out to
>> get myself back on-line.
>> ..So for me seems like the failure of the Ethernet Switch and subsequent disconnect and reconnect of the
>> network wiring fixed the problem.
> Proving once again, that Pournelle's First Rule applied (albeit
> indirectly, treating a switch as part of the path),
>
> "You?ll find by and large, the trouble is the cable."

The failing Ethernet Switch apparently was the cause of other issues
around here: my computer's CPU (is not a Frontend) would overheat when
viewing YouTube videos and warm up significantly on websites.  Since the
replacement of the Switch back to running cool; other devices around
here also had some mysterious quirks suddenly disappear.  The Frontends
here also have perked up - didn't have any playback issues, just the

Barry