[mythtv-users] Ceton drivers for kernel?

Steve Greene sgreene820 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 22:40:18 UTC 2021

Hello,
I miss the 4 cablecard tuners available from my Ceton Infinitv 4 PCI-E
card. The manufacturer insisted over the years they were still in business,
but it's pretty clear they have crashed and burned.

I've tried the github drivers, but they haven't kept pace with the latest
5.x kernels. What is stopping "the kernel" from supporting the tuners. I
realized I'm probably drastically oversimplifying both technical and legal
challenges. Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Steve Greene
(301) 842-8923
historicity.co
An independent archival professional specializing in still photography,
moving images and recorded sound.