[mythtv-users] mythwelcome + mythfrontend + fluxbox

Leo Butler leo.butler81 at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 20 16:01:05 UTC 2021

Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> writes:

> On 7/18/21 2:17 PM, Bob wrote:
>> I liked the hypothesis here and I gave it a try. Seemed very
>> promising at first because the "Waiting for Database" message was on
>> the screen (which had not happened before).
>>
>> Unfortunately, once the database connection was made I could not see
>> the frontend anymore. I am someone stumped.
>
> Wouldn't it be better for fluxbox to start mythwelcome?

Yes. Your ~/.fluxbox/startup file should look like:

#!/bin/sh
#
# fluxbox startup-script:
#
# Lines starting with a '#' are ignored.

# Applications you want to run with fluxbox.
# MAKE SURE THAT APPS THAT KEEP RUNNING HAVE AN ''&'' AT THE END.

mythwelcome &  # or mythfrontend &

# And last but not least we start fluxbox.
# Because it is the last app you have to run it with ''exec'' before it.

exec fluxbox
# or if you want to keep a log:
# exec fluxbox -log "/home/work/.fluxbox/log"

----
I use fluxbox as my window manager on all my work and almost all
personal linux machines (and have done so for about 15 years with
occasional tries with other small wms).

> https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/fluxbox#Autostart

Ahh. The arch wiki has a page for everything!

Leo