[mythtv-users] "Watch Videos" Mark as watched

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Jul 20 02:21:33 UTC 2021

On Mon, 19 Jul 2021 12:45:28 -0500, you wrote:

>On Mon, 19 Jul 2021 09:24:55 -0400
>Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

>> If you use the steppes theme it shows. See picture below
>>
>> https://imgur.com/a/ql1AZiT
>>

>I looked at the code from the Steppes theme along with the information
>given in thread about "Videos - how to use it properly with large
>collection".
>
>I tried many changes to both base.xml and video-ui.xml but can't make
>it work.  Maybe the Mythbuntu theme is not able to do this.  But it is
>good to know other themes do.
>At the next MythTv upgrade I may try a different theme.
>
>Thanks to everyone.

You have to change the theme in the right place on disk.  In Ubuntu,
the themes are stored in /usr/share/mythtv/themes, and any changes you
do there will be overwritten by package updates or downloaded theme
updates.  So what you need to do is make a copy of the theme you want
to change under $HOME/.mythtv/themes.  Change the name of the theme to
something that does not match any existing theme name.  I use
MythCenter-wide, so my modified theme goes in
/home/stephen/.mythtv/themes/MythCenter-wide-JSW.  Once you have
created your modified theme, just go to Setup > Theme Chooser and
select it.  After that, you will need to run a diff on your copy of
the theme against the version it was made from in
/usr/share/mythtv/themes whenever there are changes to the original
theme, and you will need to propagate the changes to your modified
version.  To get mythfrontend to load any new changes you make to your
theme, you need to re-select it in the Theme Chooser.  You should see
mythfrontend disappear from the screen while it reloads, then
re-appear a second or two later.