[mythtv-users] Wayland support??

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 20:00:59 UTC 2021

On Sun, Jul 18, 2021 at 1:02 PM Stephen Worthington <
stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Jul 2021 09:11:50 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >This may not be supported, but I'll describe what I'm testing and seeing.
> >
> >I'm testing the latest Archlinux with KDE Plasma DE.  By default it logs
> in
> >with Wayland. It worked so I didn't choose the X11 option at login.  When
> >installed mythtv and ran mythfrontend I noticed that the entire mythtv
> >screen was in the lower left corner and only occupying 1/4 of the screen.
> >
> >I'm hooked on a UHD 4K TV.  I have the DE scale factor set to 200%.  The
> PC
> >is a ASRock IND NUC 1167G5 (11th gen Core i7 laptop CPU/GPU.
> >
> >When I change to X11 instead of Wayland I see what I normally expect.
> >Mythfrontend filling the entire screen.
> >
> >This was the first install that I've done where I could even login with
> >Wayland working so I thought I'd play with it, but for Mythfrontend I have
> >to use X11 which isn't a big deal, just curious.
> >
> >Jim A
>
> When I accidentally ran mythfrontend on Wayland (Fedora 33?  34?), I
> found some log messages that said mythfrontend was using an API call
> that Wayland did not support.  Switching to X11 fixed it, of course.

It's easy to  switch  back to X11 for now, but I'm wondering about a year
from now. Archlinux's Gnome 40.2.0 defaults to Wayland and it works, but
not sure when X11 won't be an option.

 Edit /etc/gdm/custom.conf file and uncomment the following line:
 #WaylandEnable=false

Jim A