[mythtv-users] mythwelcome + mythfrontend + fluxbox

Bob mythtv at cox.net
Fri Jul 16 04:12:27 UTC 2021

I am setting-up a FE/BE combo system. I am using mythwelcome to start
the mythfrontend in case of a crash. I have set-up an ~/.xsesssion file
as follows:

#!/bin/sh

startfluxbox &
xset s off
mythwelcome

This almost works, except the frontend does not come to the top of the
windows (nor does mythwelcome). I always have to connect a keyboard and
use alt-tab to get it to raise to the top.

I've done many searches and tried several solutions without luck. Has
anyone else solved this?