[mythtv-users] Where are channel icons kept? [resolved]

stinga stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com
Thu Jul 15 12:08:31 UTC 2021

On 15/07/2021 19:45, James wrote:
>> On 15 Jul 2021, at 7:36 pm, stinga<stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com>  wrote:
>>
>> On 15/07/2021 17:41, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
>>> Thanks, this is it. I should have used 'sudo locate' rather than 'locate'.
>>> My icons are in
>>> /root/.mythtv/channels/
>>>
>>> cheers
>> sudo shouldn't make any difference.
> Not true.
>
> [sandypit] /home/jam [1005]% ls -ld /root
> drwx------ 12 root root 4096 Jul 14 14:18 /root
>
> That means others cannot look there
Yeah, correct, but locate is not ls, updatedb does not care about that
or at least it does not on my debian box.
I am guessing there are different ways to create the DB .

Off topic for mythv, we managed to solve OPs issue!

--
'ooroo

Stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com  o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\