[mythtv-users] Where are channel icons kept?

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Thu Jul 15 08:24:03 UTC 2021

I checked everywhere and cannot identify it.

Running
	mythtv-setup
	Channel editor
	5 10 Canberra
	Channel Options - Common
	Icon
I enter
	10.png
then exit and save.

I have a 10.png file in all places that I consider reasonable
	/var/lib/mythtv/icons/
	/var/lib/mythtv/logos/
	/home/eyal/.mythtv/channels/
	/home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels/
	/home/eyal/.mythtv/themecache/
	/home/mythtv/.mythtv/themecache/
but it is not picked up.

Furthermore, the channel editor keeps showing an icon that was used in the past but was removed now
from all of the above directories.

I should mention that the program guide does not show any icons either. In the database I see

MariaDB [mythconverg]> select * from settings where value like '%icon%';
+--------------------+------+--------------------+
| value              | data | hostname           |
| EPGShowChannelIcon | 1    | e7                 |
| EPGShowChannelIcon | 1    | e7.eyal.emu.id.au  |
| EPGShowChannelIcon | 1    | localhost          |

How do I set up the icon for a channel?

TIA

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)