[mythtv-users] Still setting up XMLTV

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 03:20:27 UTC 2021

On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 2:43 AM Lloyd Chittenden <lloydc23 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I ran mythfilldatabase -v again

And the output is?  Please post a link to your
favorite pastebin site.

> Same thing happens.  It got a few lines farther in the output before something seemingly grinds the machine to a halt.  It becomes hard to do anything on the machine.  The mouse response becomes super slow.  If I just go away and leave it for hours eventually the message "Killed" appears in the terminal running mythfilldatabase, and the machine seems okay.

Sounds like you may be swapping yourself to
death, and eventually OOM finished the job.

How much memory does your system have?

There were updates in later v31/fixes mythfilldatabase
to reduce the memory usage, but you do need
to be sure you are running the latest v31/fixes.

The logs you will post above should show if
you have the correct version(s).