[mythtv-users] giantbomb?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 04:27:34 UTC 2021

On Sat, Jul 10, 2021 at 11:52 PM Eyal Lebedinsky <eyal at eyal.emu.id.au> wrote:

> I do not use games with mythtv. Why does myth run this script?

I believe that whenever you start mythfrontend
and have plugins installed various plugin processes
are invoked.

> And just as general interest: why does it fail?

A number of the various ancillary apps, including
the game plugins, are not python3 compatible
(and in the case of mythgame the core site
moved to HTTPS from HTTP, too).

There was a proposal to disable all ancillary
scripts/apps that are not python3 capable
(which would have disabled the build for
mythgame) but it was rejected by certain
devs for "reasons".

In the end, if one wishes that such apps
work in the future one should contribute
patches to make them (at least) python3
compatible.