[mythtv-users] icon hell

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 03:10:25 UTC 2021

On 1/23/21 8:28 PM, James Linder wrote:
> I’ve been playing with channel icon and get quite unexpected results

I don't recall what version of MythTV you're testing on.

> As far as I can tell mythtv-setup always uses the icons in .mythtv/channels and set in the DB

.mythtv/channel relative to the user running mythtv-setup.

> backend_machine:6544 shows some but not all current icons using some cached ones.

https://code.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/f7b5fd704be1e75071f8452b669d303ab053a245/mythtv
fixed an issue related to icons, in v31 in 2019.

> mythweb shows fewer current and more cached ones.

mythweb has its own cache. Once an icon is there, mythweb
won't use the Services API to get it. In my case, it's in
/var/www/mythweb/data/tv_icons . [OK, Ian just said that]

> The browser (firefox) has has its cache cleared
> Another browser (chrome) shows the same picture
> I cannot find where the files are cached
> Backend has been restarted
> I have remove generated icons of a spefic size eg 9HD.png.0x57.png
>
> Can anyone point the way out the swamp please?

Additional logging was added for other issues was added in v29 in 2017.
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/8f1ab542644506ea70bb34ead3f1963ef2f3cbed/mythtv
Use -v upnp and look in the backend log for messages.

--
Bill