[mythtv-users] videos anf scal

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Thu Jan 21 12:45:28 UTC 2021

> On 21 Jan 2021, at 4:59 pm, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> All meta data was gone
> Files were still in wrong folder ie File located in Myth-A appeared in Myth-E (as above)
>

> Have you played with the various browse modes?
>
> From https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Video_Library
>
> To change Metadata Browse Modes, Press the "M" (MENU) and select "Browse By...". You can then select which metadata browse mode to switch to.
> Currently available Metadata Browse Modes include:
> 	• Folder (Default)
> 	• Cast
> 	• Genre
> 	• Category
> 	• Director
> 	• Studio
> 	• Year
> 	• User Rating
> 	• TV/Movies

It turned out to be my old friend duplicate hashes.
I'm being very careful to not call the stupid-hashes "stupid_hashes" after all someone must have thought that they were a good idea.
I suspect that the cut list editor contributes to the very high incidence (one a year) of clashes each of which has taken days to resolve (boy I'm a slow learner)
Seeing the fault NOT go away in various views or browse modes started the bell ringing, so thanks for the suggestion
James