[mythtv-users] Live TV bug.

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at Comcast.net
Sun Jan 17 04:01:35 UTC 2021

On 1/16/21 7:45 PM, Bob Long wrote:
> Douglas Peale wrote on 17/1/21 1:00 pm:
>> I have seen this issue a few times, but I don't know how to cause it to happen.
>>
>> While watching live TV, not currently time shifted, I hit the 'p' button to pause.
>
> Which version?
>
> Version 0.28 results below. Maybe things have changed.

This is on Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.1 (but I also so this on version 20)

This is from synaptic package manager: 2:31.0+fixes.20200323.9579662cdc-0ubuntu1

All the various pieces have the same version.

>> The image freezes, and sound stops like it is supposed to, but both the total time and current position time keep advancing.
> I see the total time increase, and the progress bar shrinks in proportion to the total. That seems ok to me.
This is what usually happens. The screwup is only occasionally, and I don't know a way to force it to happen.
>> Hit the left arrow, and the current position stops, and the image changes to a freeze frame of the current live time, then
>> progress display fades away.
>
> Hit left arrow, screen looks the same (but has actually reversed a frame or so). On-screen display fades away.
>
> But I'm not sure what you mean by "the image changes to a freeze frame of the current live time". It you pause at say, 30
> seconds, that's the image that should stay on the screen.

What I mean is that it does not jump back from the paused frame, it jumps forward to one frame behind live TV.

>> This is annoying because one looses the original stopped position.
>
> For me, it's good that the OSD disappears, because there's often something on that part of the screen that I want to see.

That is fine if fading after moving a single frame is normal behavior.