[mythtv-users] Update: problem solved! Thank you! Details inside.

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Jan 15 04:16:55 UTC 2021

On Thu, 14 Jan 2021 21:57:20 -0500, you wrote:

>Then I had to kill the mysqld_safe that was running in the other shell
>and restart mysqld (/etc/init.d/mysqld start).

What distro are you running?  If it uses systemd, then I am surprised
the /etc/init.d/ commands actually work.  On a systemd based distro,
that command should be:

systemctl start mariadb

The mariadb.service file normally provides aliases so that "systemctl
start mysql" and "systemctl start mysqld" also work.