[mythtv-users] Mythtv on Rock Pi X

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Thu Jan 14 22:31:46 UTC 2021

> On 15 Jan 2021, at 12:43 am, Calvin Dodge <caldodge at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> James,
> Thanks for your reply.  Arm-based Myth Frontends are off my list until
> I see a report that 1) they can do HD without stuttering (which I
> experienced with a Pi 3 with the MPEG license installed) , and 2) I
> can set one up without a lot of hassle.
> For the Rock Pi X I simply installed Fedora 33, installed the
> rpmfusion repo rpms, and installed and configured MythTV in the same
> way that I've done many times.

Calvin

my initial tests were a fail. RockPi won't boot android from m2
(In case anyone is interested, because it confused me for ages, rockpi do not boot from m2, they can boot from onboard SPI flash or SD card and run from m2 (uboot on those media))
I did not want to undo my box to use a SD card, so till another day. Meanwhile I'll try the rockpi X
James