[mythtv-users] MythTV Light on RPi 3b

Martin Bene Martin.Bene at icomedias.com
Thu Jan 14 19:26:09 UTC 2021

Hi Jeff,

> Is that stretch + 30 or buster + 30?

Both .30 and .31 were installed on buster.

> With buster + 31, no X and QT_QPA_PLATFORM=eglfs, SD is fine. HD is just about watchable, as long as nothing
> fast is happening. Sport, in particular, causes quite a bit of tearing. Skipping 10s backwards is almost impossible.
> Forwards, for some reason, is better.

That about sums up my experience with .31 as well not impossible to watch, but  noticeable tearing with swift motions.

> I think, therefore, If no one has any good ideas, I'll roll back to 30, and turn X back on, in order to sort
> out the keyboard layout, which I haven't solved, either.
> I assume I'll have no problem running v31 on the BE and v30 on the RPi FE?

Unfortunately, No. 30 to 31 changed the database schema and any difference in the schema versions prevents FE and BE from working together.

I had set up the new .31 server on Ubuntu 20.4; when I decided that I'd try going back to .30 I found out that even using PPA nothing below .31 is available for 20.4. I completely reinstalled the server based on 18.4 which does have .30

Bye, Martin
no.disclaimer