[mythtv-users] icons

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Thu Jan 14 01:52:03 UTC 2021

> On 13 Jan 2021, at 9:24 pm, Steve Goodey <steve at goodey.org> wrote:

> > I've been futzing around with icons recently in the UK.
> >
> > Fedora 32 and  MythTV 32 compiled from source.
> >
> > I've found that, contrary to what I've read, I've had most success
> > displaying icons by putting them into /etc/mythtv/channels.
> >
> > I discovered this by searching the harddisk for icon files and finding some
> > in there from one of the many attempts I made to download some.  I've since
> > added some by hand and, provided there are database entries for them they
> > appear in the local frontend, mythweb and WebFrontend.  One problem seems
> > to be that those three expect different shapes and sizes of the icon.
> >
> > I found this command helpful:
> >
> > http://mythfe0:6544/Guide/GetChannelIcon?ChanId=1331
> >
> >  Which tells you if a frontend can find an icon.  For the webpages you also
> > have to clear the cache to pick up any changes.
> >
> > HTH
>
> This might help.
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Channel_icons

But I’m confused . .

http://sandypit:6544/Guide/GetChannelIcon?ChanId=10007

[Not Found]

MariaDB [mythconverg]> select chanid, icon, visible from channel;
+--------+----------------------------+---------+
| chanid | icon                       | visible |
+--------+----------------------------+---------+
|  10007 | 7network_au.png            |       1 |
. . .

:6544/# gives me the EPG as it ought

[sandypit] /home/jam [1003]% mythfrontend --version
MythTV Version : v31.0-85-gd3088629de
MythTV Branch : fixes/31
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 31.20200101-1