[mythtv-users] icons

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Wed Jan 13 11:56:31 UTC 2021

> On 13 Jan 2021, at 7:33 pm, Stuart Auchterlonie <stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote:
>
> On 13/01/2021 10:08, Vincent McIntyre wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 09:23:24AM +0000, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
>>>
>>> Probably there are no icons for your channels on our
>>> source (lyngsat). Have a look there and see if they
>>> are or not.
>>>
>>> AU icon data used to come from the sheppard grabber
>>> iir0c....
>>>
>>> I also have a todo item to add support for the picons
>>> data source for icons.
>> lyngsat now prevent downloading of icons, as I understand it.
>> The shepherd list had a discussion of this early last year I think.
>
> They definitely did for a while, but the last time i'd checked
> it was back again.
>
> What isn't clear from the original post, by "doesn't work"
> is it meant that no results are returned from the icon search
> service?

I hate it when people say 'something is wrong and it does not work. Please help' So utter apologies for doing likewise.

I mean I did an icon download, some icons were downloaded (I can tell by date stamp) but when the process completes no visual indication changes.

I posted a list of .mythtv/channels that show the icons are present.
I posted a db dump showing icons allocated to a chanid.
mythweb, mythtv server and mythtv-setup->channel edit do not show icon (but do show chan number and description ie

+-----+
|  2  |
|(ABC)|
+-----+

Since I once did exactly this and it did work, what do I now beed to do to display icons.

Thanks
James