[mythtv-users] MythTV Light on RPi 3b

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 18:04:07 UTC 2021

Hi Martin,

Currently I'm setting up an RPi4 as a combined FE/BE with MythTV 31.  So
far it has gone well and I do not experience any tearing.

With my Intel x86_64 setup I had a devil of a time fixing this on
Mythbuntu 14.04 [1].  That version has proven stable for me and family
members so I decided to not upgrade it.

[1]

Now back to your questions:

I used the instructions [2] from Jim Abernathy.

[2] https://mythtv-rp4.blogspot.com/2020/

I installed Raspberry Pi OS Lite 2020-12-02 and hence avoid the overhead
of X11.

I use the MMAL decoder as described in the first post of the mythtv
forum thread [3].

[3] https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4170

I am documenting my steps but have a ways to go before I share these
with all MythTV users.

'Hope that helps,
Curtis