[mythtv-users] Curious fast forward problem

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 14:15:04 UTC 2021

On 1/7/21 11:05 PM, mythtv wrote:
> Well, good to know it's not just me.  Sucks to know that it seems so
> difficult to troubleshoot. I'm running all android frontends so I no
> longer build from source, but couldn't some log message be added when
> skip is requested and have it log what it thinks it should skip and
> why? In my case, it seems like if it's not skipping either 30 or 5
> seconds, then something is way wrong, as those should be the only 2
> amounts it should jump by.
>
> I've not built the android version from source, but if it's straight
> forward enough, then I might be able to add the log message and test
> it if someone could guide me where to look for the code and to build a
> new apk.

As far as the skip is concerned, there must be a check to make sure you
are not skipping past the ever-changing end point, and if so adjust the
skip to rather go to the end. I suspect there is an error where it
falsely thinks it is close to the end so adjusts the skip to go to the end.

Building the android version is a challenge. Not straight-forward. There
are often many failures along the way.

Android build instructions are here:

https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/blob/master/android/Readme.md

Peter