[mythtv-users] Metadata Lookup - updating problems

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 17:40:56 UTC 2021

Hi Hika!

Follow-up to the earlier message...
> Barry, if you read properly you either install the complete 31
> bindings under python3 or you update the existing bindings under
> python2. Not both!
>
> And next you update the grabberfiles themselves.
>
> Also look at the indentations!

Fiddled with your instructions on the webpage – things making more sense!

I removed my directory where the git clone (thinking maybe
‘contaminated’ by my earlier fiddlings) was and re-installed. Ignored
the Python3 portions as sticking with Version 30.

Did go through the steps of installing the python modules but Terminal
responded with something indicating already installed so skipped the
“sudo python2 ./setup.py install” instruction but now wondering if
should have done anyway due to an error in the Testing at the very end.

Went on to the grabberfiles section. (Need a test section before
continuing for us cookbookers!) May have screwed up something here as
‘if updated Python2 then 1^st line has Python2’. /tvmaze.py/ had python3
so changed to python2. /tmdb3tv.py/ had just python so added a 2 (so now
python2). Same for /tmdb3.py/: originally just python, added a 2.

The three Tests at the end: one out of three is good for me! <g>

barry at M58:~$ /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tvmaze.py -t

Failed to import PyTVmaze library. This should have been included with
the python MythTV bindings.

/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -M Monk

“Thousands” of HTML-looking lines – it seems to have pulled stuff on
monkeys (Monk).

/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tvmaze.py -l en -a US -M Monk

barry at M58:~$ /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tvmaze.py -l en -a US
-M Monk

ERROR: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'> : No module named dateutil

So we’re getting there! I’m going to do some additional checks after
lunch – like run that ‘./setup.py’ command.

Barry