[mythtv-users] Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 16:19:35 UTC 2021

Hoi Stephen,

> On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 15:57:14 +0100, you wrote:

>>Hoi Stephen,

>>Thanks, I googled and got that version. But a searching directly on
>>pypi.org gave me the right version:
>>https://pypi.org/project/future/
>>
>>and now it works OK.
>>
>>In the mean time I tried installing the complete recent bindings on
>>python3 next to the old one on python2. I get:
>>ERROR: <class 'MythTV.exception.MythError'> : No viable database module found
>>
>>I guess mythtv/mythtv/bindings/python/setup.py from git does not
>>install the complete bindings? Or are other python modules missing?

> In Ubuntu 20.04 from my v31-fixes install from the PPA packages, I
> have a copy of what looks like this:

> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/tree/master/mythtv/bindings/python/MythTV

> installed in this directory:

> /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/MythTV

> That looks to be the full set of files for the Python 3 bindings.

It was an ambiguous error. The python2 mysql module 'mysql-python' was
forked and renamed to 'mysqlclient'. So I had no mysql module under
python3. Took some fiddling under gentoo to keep the old one for
python 2.7 and the new one for python3 as they excluded each other.

But now both tvmaze.py and tmdb3tv.py work under both python2 with
partial adapted 0.27 bindings and under python3 with the current
bindings.

Next step is integration in older mythtv versions that have no
knowledge of those two new metadata grabbers and there I am a bit out
of my depth.
I can only think of renaming either one of the two to ttvdb.py and
update the inetrefs. But that requires their in- and output behaviour
to be exactly the same! And my first tests seem to indicate that is
not the case :-(

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven