[mythtv-users] Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 15:54:48 UTC 2021

On 2/23/21 5:44 AM, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> On 22/02/2021 22:49, John Hoyt wrote:
>>
>>       * *TheMovieDB.org V3 television*. TheMovieDB is used for Movie
>>         lookups. It can now be used for TV series lookups as well.
>>       * *TVmaze.com*.
>>

>> Is there any benefit to using one over the other?
>
> All updated and working here. In a test, admittedly with just one
> show, I seemed to get much better results with TheMovieDB.org V3
> television.

I found that some old or obscure shows may be on tvmaze but not on the
movie database. Another difference is that tvmaze does not take account
of your language selection, so if you are a non-English speaker and
looking up English show names it may give the description in English
rather than your native language.