[mythtv-users] Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Tue Feb 23 10:41:35 UTC 2021

On 23/02/2021 09:34, lists at arewethere.net wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 03:41:35PM -0500, Peter Bennett wrote:
>

>> If you have recording rules that have inetref specified as ttvdb.py_nnnnn
>> these must be changed or metadata lookups for future recordings will fail.
>> Appropriate values are as follows:
>>
>>   * tmdb3tv.py_nnnnn for lookup of TV series using themoviedb.org.
>>   * tvmaze.py_nnnnn for lookup of TV series using tvmaze.com.
>>   * tmdb3.py_nnnnn for lookup of movies using themoviedb.org.
>>
>> In each case, nnnnn is the inetref for the series or movie at the
>> appropriate site. These numbers are different for each site, so you cannot
>> just change the prefix.
>>

> To get a quick idea of how many rules are affected by this,
> is this a reasonable query to make?
>
> [mythconverg]> select title,inetref from record where inetref like 't%';
> +------------------+-----------------+
> | title            | inetref         |
> +------------------+-----------------+
> | PBS NewsHour     | ttvdb.py_81388  |
> | Backyard Science | ttvdb.py_259567 |
> +------------------+-----------------+
> 2 rows in set (0.001 sec)
>
> I ask because there are bunch of tables with 'inetref' columns -
> I am guessing the recording rules live in the 'record' table.
> Correct?
>
> I'm not not going to be changing things with sql, but it seems
> a query like this might make fixing things quicker if only a
> few rules are affected.
>
> Just to repeat your explanation with a specific example, for the
> above I would have to change ttvdb.py_81388 to tmdb3tv.py_1655
> if I wanted to use the tmdb3tv source [1]. But if I find the rule,
> clear the inetref field and search for metadata, that should
> automatically select the right _nnnn suffix?

I was thinking I would make changes with SQL. My understanding may well
be off, but I imagined that only the recording rules matter. All
existing recordings will just stay as they are. I'm assuming that any
update process (if there is one), when failing, will just leave the
metadata as is.

For the recording rules I was thinking to just NULL all the inetref
fields and let mythbackend recreate them. I think there's some sort of
automatic process for that.

Am I way off here?