[mythtv-users] Fwd: backend (?) crash

Mary Strimel mary.strimel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 16:09:40 UTC 2021

Thanks for responding. Yesterday was a busy day with family members
recording and watching, but today I was able to break in and try your
suggestions:

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 4:15 AM Klaas de Waal <klaas.de.waal at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> For the time being I suggest to:
>> - check that your database is correct by running optimize_mythdb.pl
>>
> Done, seemed to run fine.

- run the latest updated version, e.g. v31/fixes

> I think I am:

*mythtv at mythbox:/home/mary$ mythbackend --versionPlease attach all output
as a file in bug reports.MythTV Version :
v31.0+fixes.202102081459.ba4036099f~ubuntu20.04.1MythTV Branch : fixes/31*

> If the error is related to a capture card that does convert external video
> signals such as a HD-PVR then it can be a configuration issue.
> In mythtv-setup look at page Input Connections / Interaction between
> Inputs
> For a HD-PVR the "Max Recordings" should be 1 and the  "Schedule as Group"
> should be unchecked.

This sounds like it could be my problem as I have a HDPVR that I installed
a few weeks ago. However, I do not see a "Max Recordings" or "Schedule as
Group" setting under "Interactions between inputs." How can this be?