[mythtv-users] UK Freeview Sky Arts different programid for the same episode in the onairguide

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat Feb 20 16:22:46 UTC 2021

On 20/02/2021 11:19, David Watkins wrote:
> Sky Arts was recently added to the UK Freeview service and I've added it to
> my lineup.
>
> MythTV is recording unwanted duplicates of the same episode.  I assume this
> is because the onairguide data for that channel carries different programid
> values for the same episode:
>
> mysql> select chanid, programid,title,subtitle from program where
> chanid=20011 and title like "%landscape%";
> +--------+-------------------------+------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+
> | chanid | programid               | title                        |
> subtitle                                |
> +--------+-------------------------+------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+
> |  20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45061104 | Landscape Artist Of The Year | West
> Reservoir, Stoke Newington, London |
> |  20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45061174 | Landscape Artist Of The Year | West
> Reservoir, Stoke Newington, London |
> |  20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45061306 | Landscape Artist Of The Year | West
> Reservoir, Stoke Newington, London |
> |  20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45061256 | Landscape Artist Of The Year | West
> Reservoir, Stoke Newington, London |
> |  20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45060807 | Landscape Artist Of The Year | Queen
> Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford |
> |  20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45060843 | Landscape Artist Of The Year | Queen
> Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford |
> +--------+-------------------------+------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+
>

> (I haven't listed the descriptions because they're too wordy, but they're
> are identical for each of the two episodes above.  Series and Episode
> numbers match as well)
>
> All duplicate matching options in the mythtv scheduler seem to use
> programid first and, if they're different then it doesn't flag a duplicate
> even if Title,Subtitle,Description etc. are the same?
>
> I haven't come across this issue before - is it a feature of Sky program
> data?
>
> At the moment I am creating 'ignore' rules for the subsequent showings.  Is
> there a better way?  Sod's law says that there are about 8 showings of each
> episode of this series during each week - I have come to the last episode
> though.

It might not be just Sky Arts - although I rescanned a while back to fix the channels when that one
changed. I am using SD-json, though, so my problem might be different and elsewhere.

I have noticed situations where, for example, it would not record an 'Only Connect' episode because
it insisted that it was a repeat from last November; 'University Challenge' episodes where the same
teams meet again in different rounds were ignored; a 'Most Scenic Railway Journeys' was new but
flagged and described as an earlier episode. I had to manually over-ride all of those with prejudice
to get a recording. There are probably other examples.

--

Mike Perkins