[mythtv-users] Fwd: backend (?) crash

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 14:40:29 UTC 2021

On 2/20/21 4:13 AM, Klaas de Waal wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 at 00:08, Klaas de Waal <klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
> <mailto:klaas.de.waal at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Your frontend log shows that it cannot connect to the backend,
>     otherwise it is OK.
>     Your backend log fragment shows that it wants to create a new
>     virtual tuner for a multirec recording but that this fails. This
>     should not happen.
>     To get to the bottom of this a lot more information would be
>     needed, such a complete backend log and a dump of some database
>     tables.
>     You can create a Github issue and then you can attach bigger log
>     files than you can with the mailing list.

 From the description it sounds a lot like a bug I had found and fixed
about a year ago. It was related to updating recording metadata on the
frontend. That would cause the backend to stop accepting connections,
although it still continued running and making recordings. Were you
updating metadata at any time before?

https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13479

It was fixed in v30 and v31.

Make sure you have a v30 or v31 build later than Feb 2020, or avoid the
recording metadata update screen.

Peter