[mythtv-users] Maybe OT, but: CEC query

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 12:27:17 UTC 2021

On 15/02/2021 18:33, Klaas de Waal wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> If the problems with your Panasonic TV  are related to the first fix for
> the CEC library crash, described in issue #299, then these problems
> should disappear now after the last commit with another version of the
> fix. The library is now closed like it used to be. Looking forward to
> your results!
>
> Klaas.

Hi Klaas,

Thanks for looking at this again.  I have built and installed master
e787645 of Feb 15 on both my main boxes, el7 and F32, and can play myth
content from both on the TV;  but there have been unexpected problems
along the way and I can't say I'm confident that they will all stay solved.

I installed the F32 build last night, together with a new kernel.  There
were persistent attempts to connect to the wrong database, even after
resetting the URL.  This morning I installed on el7, which has only a
network connection to the TV.  The TV had been powered on standby
overnight;  attempts to wake it gave a green flashing light that could
be turned off and on with the remote, but no active screen - until
eventually it responded to a sequence of power-switch and remote
commands.  Currently it looks ok but hasn't been tested over a week of
typical use...

I also had a backend segfault on starting playback with the Firestick
'leanfront';  now looks ok after a Firestick restart.

I don't know how many of these problems are specific to my Panasonic TV
or my multi FE/BE myth boxes.  Over time the entire installation has
matured but is hardly user-friendly.

... so that's the 'report' as things stand and after several reboots.
Fingers crossed...

John