[mythtv-users] mac build

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Mon Feb 8 13:38:51 UTC 2021

> On 7 Feb 2021, at 10:27 pm, John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [plasma] /Users/jam [547]% sh -v doit
> otool -L /Applications/Mythfrontend.app/Contents/PlugIns/imageformats/libqjpeg.dylib |grep local
> otool -L /Applications/Mythfrontend.app/Contents/Frameworks/libjasper.4.dylib |grep local
> otool -L /Applications/Mythfrontend.app/Contents/Frameworks/libjpeg.9.dylib |grep local
> otool -L /Applications/Mythfrontend.app/Contents/Frameworks/libtiff.5.dylib |grep local
> otool -L /Applications/Mythfrontend.app/Contents/Frameworks/libmng.2.dylib |grep local
> otool -L /Applications/Mythfrontend.app/Contents/Frameworks/libjpeg.8.dylib |grep local
>
> ...well, that tells me that the Application has all of the internal libraries looking for libjpeg inside the application and not on the macports install path.  Perhaps something else inside the Application bundle is not set up correctly…

John Hi

I downloaded your latest build and ran (10.13 version) on High Sierra where it works perfectly.

I formatted and re-installed Catalina on my laptop.
I have installed iTerm, Firefox and XCode. I have not installed macports.
I downloaded and installed Mythfrontend.ap (ver 10.13)
<click> did nothing so

jam at plasma ~ % /Applications/Mythfrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/mythfrontend --noupnp
dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.9.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/Mythfrontend.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtWebKit.framework/Versions/5/QtWebKit
  Reason: image not found
/Applications/Mythfrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/mythfrontend: line 15:  3011 Abort trap: 6           ./mythfrontend.real $@

This has to be a build issue since my system is virgin. I’ll now install macports and no doubt when the libjpeg goes in the app will work.

Going to try now. Will post results
James