[mythtv-users] Turning off visibility does not disable a channel.

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at Comcast.net
Sun Feb 7 23:31:38 UTC 2021

I have three antennas aimed in three different directions. I was turning off visibility of the channels coming off axis (behind)
the individual sources.

I found today that even though one channel  was invisible on an input, MythTV was choosing to select that channel for live TV.

Now, I can override the source in MythTV, but that switches to the default channel on that source. When I try to select the
channel in question, it switches back to the wrong source.

I was only able to disable the wrong source, and select the channel on the correct source by deleting the channel on the wrong
source. This won't work in the long run, because it will just be re-enabled when I scan channels again.

I will have to manually lower the priority of the wrong source channels, but I can't to that with mythweb, so I will have to
suffer the horrible channel editor in mythTV backend setup.