[mythtv-users] mac build

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Sun Feb 7 13:54:30 UTC 2021

> On Feb 7, 2021, at 7:23 AM, John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> audio/audiooutputbase.cpp:630:18: error: use of undeclared identifier 'ff_codec_id_string'
>             .arg(ff_codec_id_string(m_codec))
>                  ^
>
> What I believe is happening is the compiler is trying to build off of ffmpeg's libraries and not the ones compiled and used internally by mythtv.  I never did sort this pathing issue out myself, but the easy solution is to uninstall ffmpeg.

I think you may be running into a quirk of pkg-config where it supplies an include path that we really don’t need or want.  Try adding the following to your environment variables before initiating a build:

PKG_CONFIG_SYSTEM_INCLUDE_PATH=${prefix}/include

And, of course, replace ${prefix} with whatever your install prefix is.

For whatever reasons, pkg-config knows not to do this on Linux systems.

Craig