[mythtv-users] leanfront won't connect to backend

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 20:33:08 UTC 2021

On 2/1/21 2:06 PM, Mary Strimel wrote:
> I hope this is the right place to ask this question.
> I would like to use leanfront on my new Fire Stick 4k. Leanfront
> installed successfully via adb, but after starting it gives me an
> error message that it cannot connect to the backend and that it is
> sending the WOL packet. I have double- and triple-checked that I
> entered the IP address of the backend correctly. I left the port as
> the default. The odd thing is, both mythtv-frontend and kodi are
> connecting fine from the very same Fire Stick. So I'm pretty sure it
> is *not* an issue of either (1) global mysql setting, or (2) network
> setup of the Fire Stick.
> What else could it be? I checked some logs using logcat, and I
> couldn't see anything about connection refused or the like. When I
> enter a menu, the log reports:
>
> 01-31 19:51:19.535 11577 11602 E lfe     : AsyncBackendCall Exception
> Getting backend Info.
>
> Also:
> 01-31 19:51:19.533 11577 11601 W System.err:
> java.net.UnknownHostException: Invalid host: http://192. 168. 1.
> 253:3306/Myth/GetSetting?key=MasterBackendOverride&Default=0&HostName=_GLOBAL_
>
> I'm not sure what to make of these messages, or how to learn more. Why
> might mythbackend selectively refuse a connection from Leanfront but
> not other frontends?
> TIA
> Mary

I see two potential problems here:

- You have spaces in your ip address 192. 168. 1. 253  There should not
be spaces after the periods. It should look like 192.168.1.253

- You are using port 3306. That is the database port. You need the http
port, the default is 6544. leanfront does not access the database,
everything goes through the backend.

Test the connection by running on a browser the ip address and port,
like this : http://192.168.0.105:6544/

You should see a web display from the backend.

Peter